Friday, March 26, 2010

My First Writing Assignments

I finally managed to get those kinks ironed out from yesterday. I've got access to everything on BrightHub now and have completely finished with all the paperwork for Internet Brands. And.... I've got my first assignment from both!!

  • 2 articles from BrightHub
  • 1 article at the moment from Internet Brands
The list from BrightHub is quite limited, there aren't that many titles. There is a lot more on Internet Brands. I know I can never run out of assignments there. I'm really spoilt for choice.

I haven't started writing yet. I'm just sorting myself out and finding my rhythm. I've been looking at tips from other writers and I've some really awesome writing tools mentioned on the The Renegade Writer blog (especially in the comments!). I've started using some of the recommendations:

  • One comment mentioned Google Notebook. I had a look, but it didn't really appeal to me. But it reminded that there was Google Calendar. I use this to schedule my school and writing assignment due dates. Although, I wish there was a version that could work like an add-on on your browser. Well there is, but it's read-only.
  • Microsoft Office OneNote. It comes with the Office 2007 package, so I've had it for a few years, but just never took notice of it. I love it. Easy way to brainstorm, plan articles, gather research etc.

I'm not going to rush myself for this first batch. I'm going take my time, get used to writing again. While building my momentum up over the next couple of weeks.

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment