Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beginning my online writing journey - Join Me!

It's a real jungle out there, in terms of trying to make some extra cash online. But I love the idea of weeding through the large amounts of information, learning as I go. Over the last couple of weeks I've emmersed myself into the world of freelance writing, searching for opportunities. The search, I've found, is more challenging for non-US writers - which I am. There are several high paying companies, who unfortunately do not hire outside the US. But my search has been successful. I have found a handful of reputable companies that will accept international writers.

For the sake of those who are new to the writing world like me, I think I need to preface this by noting exactly how writers earn money online. From what I've read:

  • Writing the content for a website
  • Writing individual articles
  • Starting niche websites and earn through affliate links or Google Adsense
  • Submitting articles to revenue sharing sites
I think those are the main methods. If I've left out any, please let me know.

1) At the moment I've applied to 2 companies that pay you to write individual articles, and am still waiting for a response. Once I have been accepted, I'll post thorough reviews of my experiences.

2) I have also joined a revenue sharing site and submitted some content. I'll definately be doing a review and let you know how I'm doing.

3) I'm also considering starting a niche website. I've started writing content for it and have about 6 articles done. I'm trying to write an article a day. That hasn't worked out too well as I've been busy with school (excuses! I know). But I'll definitely be keeping on track this week.

Full steam ahead!! I'm excited!

Image credit: Salvatore Vuono

No comments:

Post a Comment