Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hubpages - My 'Make Money with Hubpages' experiment

I'm still waiting for a response from the 2 companies I applied to for article writing. I'm getting a little antsy now. But yes, patience is a virtue. In the meantime, I've busied myself (when I'm not doing schoolwork) with Hubpages.

Among article writers, the buzz word is residual income. This just means that some writers are finding that it's better to post an article on a site where you continue to earn from it (via revenue sharing - adsense type stuff), than it is to get a one time payment for an article. I totally see the sense in that, and would like to have a few of those streams of constant income... if it's possible.

From reading on forums and blogs, it seems that Hubpages has worked well for some people, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I've done 1 Hub so far. I think it has really good quality content, if I do say so myself : ) Other than publishing it, I haven't done much in the way of promoting it. I just want to see first how long it takes for it to get indexed on it's own. I'll wait a week, then manually submit it to search engines if it hasn't been indexed yet.

I plan on making a few more of these to see if I can actually earn anything. I'll keep making updates about my earnings, traffic and methods I'm using to promote the hubs.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment