Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm on a roll today - 5 articles in the last 4.5 hours!!

Ok, so you're probably turning up your nose thinking "so what?!" But it's a really big feat for me, I'll explain why. The last few articles I'd written were taking me so long. Like 1 and 1/2 hours long. I like to put my best foot forward, take the time to research and really explain things in all my articles. Since I mostly write for the health sections, and am someone who is passionate about health care, I want to make sure that my articles are interesting, teach people something and really showcase my writing ability. So I've been putting a lot of effort into all my articles. But as you can see ... pay-wise... it won't work in my favor.

Anyway, today I decided to go for easier titles. And I've been whipping them up in 45 mins - 1 hr ... so I think that's the trick! There are some more technical articles I'd like to tackle, but I think I just won't because they take me too long and it just doesn't add up write $-wise. I'd be happier to do them if we got paid a little more, because I really put in a lot of work. However, if I run out of easy titles, I'll definitely go for those and work on my speed.

I'm really happy with myself today. I've been super focused for the past few hours and feel very satisfied with my accomplishment : )

I'm still loving Internet Brands. No hassles at all, the editors are very friendly. Just write --> submit --> get paid. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment